Whenever we try to focus all of our attention on a particular undertaking which requires our complete attentiveness, we fall prey to distractions. Everything which could be critically important which you had otherwise forgotten about comes to mind at that very same time. Try as we might but we fail to remove those thoughts from our mind. The obligation which seemed the most urgent turns out to be the one which is compromised. In situations like these when your undivided attention is completely necessary, you can try some of the following exercises to improve concentration.
- This exercise deals with a rambling thought process and might even put some people to sleep. Try to think about absolutely nothing for a period of five minutes, do not even think about when the five minutes will be over. This will help to relax your brain. It will also provide closure to a great deal of thoughts and apprehensions present in your imagination.
- This exercise improves concentration so that you can meticulously concentrate on your science homework. Draw any closed shape such as a circle, square, rectangle or triangle with a 4 inch radius. Now colour in the shape with a different colour from the outline. Once you have finished colouring, try to focus your thinking only on the outline. You can begin to do your school homework, after fine-tuning your skills.
- These are not so much exercises to improve concentration as they are a way of focusing your attention on your own well being. Lie down on the bed or on the floor with all your limbs stretched out. Close your eyes and just breathe for 2 minutes. Once the 2 minutes are over fixate all your consideration on each every single heartbeat. Feel the blood pumping from your heart to the rest of the body. Do this for at least 5 minutes to get the rhythm going.
- One of the most common issues of working students is that they have trouble concentrating on a single subject without diverging from the focal point. Self confidence is another major concern for students. Standing opposite to a mirror, using a board marker, form two ovals at about the same length as your eyes. Now look into those shapes and think of all the things you aspire to be. Evaluate your time management tools and your life objectives and how you will aim to accomplish each and every one of them. Believe in yourself.
- Art is an alternative way to give all your attention to a single process. Whether it is drawing inanimate objects or colouring in pictures, your mind will become completely engrossed in this activity. Having completed your pursuit you will feel completely relaxed and ready to take on the world.
All these activities should be performed in a place which is free from distractions. Somewhere where you can be by yourself and no one can tell you what it is that you should be doing. King Essay UK administers round the clock customer support for all of its patrons. After completing these activities you will achieve heightened awareness of the world around you and that your ability to deliberate specifically on a particular topic has greatly multiplied. These ventures can even be used before you have an important meeting or as a morning ritual to get in to the proper mindset to accomplish the days tasks.